Powered By Blogger

giovedì 4 agosto 2011

Solitude (poem)

An evening spent
Recalling life's events
Crowded in my skin
In Solitude
Pinful yet relishing a melody of lament
Drifting through my window
Gliding in uninvited
In solitude
Last night I cried out loud
For the sake of hearing some sound
Though I did not hear any
In solitude
Gawking at my naked fear
Of living a life unseen
Yearning to belong
In solitude
I woke up in the morning
Sang a song out loud
My voice wavering
In Solitude

I walked around
In my beloved home
My skin in flames
In solitude
Every molecule of air
Brushing against me
Scorched in vain
In solitude
It was raining that morn
When I came to life
My throat stinging
In solitude
I see no soul
I hear no sound
I smell no skin
In solitude
Yet, I feel no cold
And life goes on
As I bury myself
In solitude